none
Apply GPOs in Server 2008 R2 to Windows 10 desktops

Question

• Chat Conversation Start
    <time class="_5w-5" style="display:block;height:2px;margin:16px 0px 15px;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;">I would appreciate if you could help me with this!
    </time>
    I am on it for hours but couldnt find the way!!!
    I have windows 2008 R2 as my AD and running GPO on it, and I have 5 windows 10 desktops newly deployed.

what I want to do is deactivate completely Microsoft edge for these windows 10 through my Server 2008 GPO or any other solution that can apply for a group of computers

is there any way ?
    • Moved by nzpcmad1 Wednesday, April 5, 2017 9:11 PM From ADFS
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 8:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    You could set the default browser to other browser instead of Edge, in this case, user will open any web sites without using Edge.
    1. Put the windows 10 client into a OU;
    2. Follow the article as below to create a new GPO for set default browser: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/set-the-default-browser-using-group-policy
    3. Link the GPO to that OU, then run gpupdate /force command or reboot the client to force GPO applying.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 6, 2017 3:17 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 10, 2017 1:50 PM