none
How do I delete message from Submission queue

Question

• Running Exchange 2013 and I am having the hardest time deleting a message from the Submission message queue. When I right click on it I do not get the option to suspend or remove. I have run different option of the remove-message and suspend-message with no success. If I restart the transport server does that flush the queue of all messages? Any other opti Thank you.ons would be appreciated.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:40 AM

Answers

• I was finally able to catch the message in retry mode and removed it from the queue. As was stated earlier I could not remove it from the submission queue because you can't delete from there. None of the commands worked and I must have tried at least 10 variations. Thanks to all.
    • Marked as answer by Email Tech Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:30 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi

You cant unfortunately. Can you see why the mail is queuing in the submission queue? what errors do you get?

You can remove messages in a retry state. If the failed messages are something you not worried about create a new send connector with that domain and point it to a smarthost with an IP of 1.1.1.1 and you will be able to manage it.

Microsoft PFE

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:46 AM
  • I don't really get that. Someone in the firm sent a large message that seems to be stuck in the Submission queue. I can do anything with it and it's causing havoc.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:21 AM
  • it will eventually reach its time and then fail.

Try this:

Get-Message -Queue "server\queue" -ResultSize unlimited | where{$_.Subject -eq "text" } | Remove-Message -WithNDR $False

Microsoft PFE

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:25 AM
  • No luck. Do I create a new queue database?
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:02 AM
  • Hi Email Tech,

Did you get any error when running the above command ?

In general, "Remove-Message" command can be used to delete a message from a queue on a Mailbox server or an Edge Transport server.

If run the command failed, there would be generated an error to tell us the failed reason, maybe permission, written mistake etc.. , you can provide this information to us, that would help us troubleshoot the issue.

Best regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:58 AM
  • I was finally able to catch the message in retry mode and removed it from the queue. As was stated earlier I could not remove it from the submission queue because you can't delete from there. None of the commands worked and I must have tried at least 10 variations. Thanks to all.
    • Marked as answer by Email Tech Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:30 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:29 PM