Guest Unable to Logon RRS feed

• Question

• I have no idea how I got my system in this condition.  I enabled the Administrator account and I’m trying to temporarily enable the Guest account.  I have been attempting to enable the Guest account on but when I do turn it on, I can't logon as Guest.  I have looked at “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList” and I don't see the Guest account at all (SID missing).  From what I understand, the SID is only created during the first logon.  The problem is that I can’t ever logon as Guest.  When I try to logon as Guest the system comes back with:  "The User Profile Service service failed the login. User Profile cannot be loaded."  It seems that there should be a way to recover these predefined or standard logins.  I don't want to do a system restoral as I have my system the way I want it (except for this problem with Guest) that I want to avoid any possibility of mistakes.  I’ve tried running ‘ sfc /scannow’ in safe mode with no errors reported: “Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.”  Any idea how I can fix this situation with Guest?

Thank you,

~sreyes27

• Edited by sreyes27 Monday, August 17, 2009 12:52 PM
    Monday, August 17, 2009 12:49 PM