none
Timeline in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Most of our clients just love the timeline in Project Sites and it is for sure a great feature.

What I wanted to know is how we can get this in a Status Report with same formatting as the web part/project pro.

Friday, May 24, 2013 4:05 AM

All replies

• Other than a screenshot, I do not think there is an easy way to get it into a status report from PWA/Project Sites.

The timeline from Project pro is much more maneagable. You just hit copy for presentation and paste it into your word/ppt etc.,

Does that answer your question?

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:35 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna.

I already know that can be done, but wanted to avoid doing that on a weekly > fortnightly and monthly basis for three different types of reports. Don't think it is practical.

The data must be somewhere...if you can see it in web part.

Thanks for your help though.

SJ

Saturday, May 25, 2013 1:40 AM
  • It's buried deep in the Published database, I am sure. 

I've mentioned this before on these forums, but the solution I've found is to use OnePagerPro from Chronicle Graphics.  You format the timeline the way you want it...then refresh from the MPP file each week.

Depending on your needs, that may or may not be marginally better than just copying multiple versions of the timeline.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:07 AM
  • Thanks Andrew as always.

I think it would be in Content DB. If Project Site Timeline Web Part are getting updated automatically then it has to be in there. Published DB must have a flag only and dates for tasks flagged as timeline - doubt it would have formats. But hey no harm in checking :-)

Will let you know how I go.

MSFT - Timeline is a great reporting feature - would be nice if we can get this as an auto- reportable item in SSRS also. 

SJ

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:15 AM