Can't reach this page - There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

got a couple of win 10 ent machines which are having issues using ie 11 to get to an intranet page, which links to pdfs which exist on a local server. 

Edge gets there fine on the same machine, but there is an issue with edge, so we can't use it for most things.

If I copy the url from the address line in ie11 and paste it in an explorer window it gets to the pdf with no problems, and I can also paste it into chrome and edge, although chrome won't allow the link to opened at all.

I have uninstalled and re-installed ie11 and made sure other pdfs work, which they do.

Advice please

Monday, January 22, 2018 4:26 PM

Answers

• This is down to Edge taking file associations again.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:15 AM

All replies

• This is down to Edge taking file associations again.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:15 AM
  • "This is down to Edge taking file associations again."
    -Christine Rutter

Okay, well that trite little worthless non-answer is well and good and all, but how about you do something that's actually useful and finish it by telling us HOW TO FIX IT?

I have been regularly experiencing this problem in both Edge AND IE11 and it's HUGELY frustrating, a FIX is what we need, not a simplistic worthless comment / opinion on why it's happening....

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:15 PM