Exchange 2010 MP - Test-MRSHealth suddenly failing RRS feed

• Question

• Since yesterday afternoon around noon CDT, I'm continuously getting "Alert: Monitoring failed to run the Test-MRSHealth cmdlet" on only one of the 8 mailbox servers we have.  The Alert description is Could not Read Category Index: 13770.  When I logon to the server locally and run the cmdlet as the same account/profile as it's using in SCOM, I always return a successful result.  This alert is constantly opening and then closing within a few minutes.   I'm clueless... any ideas?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:54 PM

Answers

• Alex, this has been working flawlessly for months and only occurs on 1 of 8 mailbox servers which is even more strange.  I opened a support case with Microsoft yesterday and the engineer thinks there may be a KB for this - should know more today and will update thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:01 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:22 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

You could verify that  the local system is the default run as action account to exchange server.

Also, you could review the Application log and System log on your Exchange 2010 servers for related events. For example, events that occur immediately before and after this event may provide more information about the root cause of this error.

Monitoring failed to run the Test-MRSHealth cmdlet

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 15, 2012 1:54 AM
  • Alex, this has been working flawlessly for months and only occurs on 1 of 8 mailbox servers which is even more strange.  I opened a support case with Microsoft yesterday and the engineer thinks there may be a KB for this - should know more today and will update thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:01 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:22 PM
  • Hi Seth,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:02 AM