SCCM console not installing - consolesetup.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Today i was trying to install sccm 2012 console using consolesetup.exe and noticed nothing happened after i doubleclicked this exe file.I did bit troubleshooting and found that it was because my system didnt had C:\ drive.In my system i had only one drive that was D:\ drive.I tested in other system which have drive C:\ and consolesetup.exe was working fine there.

Its bit stange why consolesetup.exe not working if system dont have C:\ drive.Could you please provide more details about this behaviour and is there any work around?

verification

Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:02 PM

Answers

• I tried that but no luck.....

Today i created one more drive and assighned drive letter C:\ to it.After that when i run the Consolesetup.exe it worked.

So system without C drive is not able to run the consolesetup.exe.Seems C drive is mandatory!!!

verification

• Marked as answer by ihaa Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:02 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:29 AM

All replies

• You can set targetdir when you install, consolesetup.exe TARGETDIR=D:\Program\CM Console....
    Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:09 PM
  • Thanks Henrik..but The problem is still there...What i noticed is that when i run the command

consolesetup.exe /q targetdir=d:\x enablesqm=0

nothing is happening...no pop up ..no installation..

I noticed no process is running in the task manager too...My system is Windows 7 and have only one drive d:\..

Pleas correct me if i am wrong with the above command syntax

verification

Monday, July 23, 2012 4:28 PM
  • When do an unattended install you should also add the DefaultSiteServerName=cmserver.xxx
    • Marked as answer by ihaa Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:29 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ihaa Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:29 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 5:53 PM
  • I tried that but no luck.....

Today i created one more drive and assighned drive letter C:\ to it.After that when i run the Consolesetup.exe it worked.

So system without C drive is not able to run the consolesetup.exe.Seems C drive is mandatory!!!

verification

• Marked as answer by ihaa Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:02 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:29 AM