SCSM Data Warehouse Installation Failure and face the error "action:_CreateSrsFolder_SC" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to installing system center service manager 2019 data warehouse server but could not done yet due to given as below error message, can anyone share your experience.

Information:

SQL: SQL Srv 2017 Std

System Centere 2019

From Log file:

MSI (s) (38:1C) [18:00:37:695]: Product: Microsoft System Center Service Manager -- Installation failed.

MSI (s) (38:1C) [18:00:37:696]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft System Center Service Manager. Product Version: 10.19.1035.0. Product Language: 0. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Given as below task has been finished 

Initialize
    Installed Files 
    Create Database 
    Configure Registry settings  
    Configure Server. 
    and finally showing error message 

Install Services  
    "An error occurred while executing a custom action:_CreateSrsFolder_SC
    This upgrade attempt has failed before permanent modifications were made. Upgrade has successfully rolled back to the original state of the system. Once the correction are made, you can retry upgrade for this role."

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi

I have solved above problem myself. Given as below solution worked for me.  

Problem: Error Log

# MSI (s) (DC:2C) [14:05:29:689]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft System Center Service Manager. Product Version: 10.19.1035.0. Product Language: 0. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 1603.

# An error occurred while executing a custom action:_CreateSrsFolder_SC

This upgrade attempt has failed before permanent modifications were made. Upgrade has successfully rolled back to the original state of the system. Once the correction are made, you can retry upgrade for this role.

Solution:

When installing Data Warehouse server system will checked all the services automatically. After installed (Initialize, Install File, Create database Configure registry setting, configure server), reporting service is stop automatically, system can't start itself, need to start manually from services.msc and start sql server reporting service.

Note: open services.msc while installing Data warehouse server and press refresh when stop SQL server reporting service, manually start service again 

For further assistance you can reach me zahidcpi1@gmail.com

Saturday, April 11, 2020 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

please read this post carefully, it describes the exact same issue and gives also possible solutions:

Setup Cannot Complete Custom Action failed CreateSrsFolder_SC

Here are some of them:

- Increaase the TimeOut:

Error when installing Service Manager Datawarehouse “An error occurred while executing a custom action:_CreateSrsFolder_SC”

- Check SSRS permissions

Solution to issue faced during Data Warehouse Installation – SCSM 2019

One of those should be the solution. 

Hope I could help. 

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:56 PM
  • Hello Stoyan

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have bit confusion in your document this prerequisite (Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code) will be rename before putting Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service> SSRS>ReportServer>bin location because of this (Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AppLocal.Tabular.dll) file is missing mention (ReportServer>bin) location.

I already did HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control "ServicesPipeTimeout" this solution not work for me.

Please suggest me

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 6:06 PM
  • Hi,

you need to copy the .dll file (Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll) from the Service Manager Installation folder to the location specified:

"If you used the default instance of SQL Server, use Windows Explorer to drag Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll (which is located in the Prerequisites folder on your Service Manager installation media) to the folder \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS13.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\Bin on the computer that is hosting SSRS. If you did not use the default instance, the path of the required folder is \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.<INSTANCE_NAME>\Reporting Services\ReportServer\Bin. In the following procedure, the default instance name is used."

This is from:

Prepare remote SQL Server Reporting Services in a Service Manager upgrade

You don't need to rname any existing files. Just copy this one.

After you followed this procedure and if it still does not work, please try the last suggestions from this thread:

An error occurred while executing a custom action:_CreateSrsFolder

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:26 PM
  • Hi Stoyan

I’m trying several ways but can’t install yet. I have followed your instruction like

1. Create ServicesPipeTimeout value 600000 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ CurrentControlSet/Control
    2. Give permission SQL service account, scsm admin account and scam Reporting account in report service portal also remove built-in administrator account.
    3. Copy Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code.dll file and past C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services\SSRS\ReportServer\bin also Add an Extension tag to the rsreportserver.conf
    4. Install warehouse server both ways fix Disk and dynamic disk

Error Log:

# MSI (s) (DC:2C) [14:05:29:689]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft System Center Service Manager. Product Version: 10.19.1035.0. Product Language: 0. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 1603.

This upgrade attempt has failed before permanent modifications were made. Upgrade has successfully rolled back to the original state of the system. Once the correction are made, you can retry upgrade for this role.

Is there any way to fix this issue.

Saturday, February 1, 2020 11:09 AM
  • Hi

I have solved above problem myself. Given as below solution worked for me.  

Problem: Error Log

Solution:

When installing Data Warehouse server system will checked all the services automatically. After installed (Initialize, Install File, Create database Configure registry setting, configure server), reporting service is stop automatically, system can't start itself, need to start manually from services.msc and start sql server reporting service.

Note: open services.msc while installing Data warehouse server and press refresh when stop SQL server reporting service, manually start service again 

For further assistance you can reach me zahidcpi1@gmail.com

Saturday, April 11, 2020 4:52 PM
  • @Shaikh Zahid

Thank you so much. Your solution is worked for me.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:38 PM
  • Thank you very much!!!
    Tuesday, June 9, 2020 10:42 AM