Export contacts from Windows Live to Google account RRS feed

• Question

• How do I export contacts in Windows Live Mail into Google account

Do I have to import into Outlook first? If so How do I do that

• Edited by EW Hiker Monday, February 27, 2017 4:28 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 4:24 PM

Answers

• Regarding the contacts - you should export all your contacts to a .csv file. Under correction, you should be able to do this by going to options, customize contacts and then export contacts.

Then in Gmail you should go to contacts and "import" contacts. I am not entirely sure about the calender entries, but I've successfully migrated contacts in the past from Apple Mail, Outlook, Outlook for Mac and incredimail - all to Gmail (and by .csv format).

General steps:

Click on Manage(Placed in Header)
    Click on Export to Outlook.com and other services.
    Save the generated .csv file on your computer.
    Click on Gmail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts.
    Click the More button above the contacts list and select Import....
    Click the Choose File button.
    Select the .csv file to upload and click the Import button.

Hope this helps!

Cloud migration can be a tedious task without the right solution. Lepide Meteor suite has all you need to analyze/upgrade/migrate your current Exchange environment to Office 365 and also helps you to easily Import/Export & convert EDB, PST and OST into new or existing PST files.

• Marked as answer by EW Hiker Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:58 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:05 AM
  • Thanks for your help. Have now imported contacts to Google account, on my Laptop, just got to sort out on the desk top, wouldn't be changing from Windows Live Mail if EE orange were giving up  supporting emails from May.

Just need to find a way to inform all my contacts that I have a new email address. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Eileen

• Marked as answer by EW Hiker Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:57 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:57 PM

All replies

• How do I export contacts in Windows Live Mail into Google account

Do I have to import into Outlook first? If so How do I do that

2 step process - export contacts from WLM to a csv file and then import that CSV file into your Google account. No reason to involve Outlook in the process

Import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mai
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14031/windows-live-mail-import-export-email-contacts-calendars

Import Your Contacts into Gmail
    http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/h/2735

wikiHow to Add Contacts to Gmail Using a CSV File
    http://www.wikihow.com/Add-Contacts-to-Gmail-Using-a-CSV-File

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:14 AM
  • Regarding the contacts - you should export all your contacts to a .csv file. Under correction, you should be able to do this by going to options, customize contacts and then export contacts.

Then in Gmail you should go to contacts and "import" contacts. I am not entirely sure about the calender entries, but I've successfully migrated contacts in the past from Apple Mail, Outlook, Outlook for Mac and incredimail - all to Gmail (and by .csv format).

General steps:

Click on Manage(Placed in Header)
    Click on Export to Outlook.com and other services.
    Save the generated .csv file on your computer.
    Click on Gmail at the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts.
    Click the More button above the contacts list and select Import....
    Click the Choose File button.
    Select the .csv file to upload and click the Import button.

Hope this helps!

Cloud migration can be a tedious task without the right solution. Lepide Meteor suite has all you need to analyze/upgrade/migrate your current Exchange environment to Office 365 and also helps you to easily Import/Export & convert EDB, PST and OST into new or existing PST files.

• Marked as answer by EW Hiker Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:58 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:05 AM
  • Thanks for your help. Have now imported contacts to Google account, on my Laptop, just got to sort out on the desk top, wouldn't be changing from Windows Live Mail if EE orange were giving up  supporting emails from May.

Just need to find a way to inform all my contacts that I have a new email address. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Eileen

• Marked as answer by EW Hiker Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:57 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:57 PM

Cheers Eileen

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:58 PM
  • Just need to find a way to inform all my contacts that I have a new email address. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Eileen

If you have your contacts already imported into Google Account, then simply send all of your contacts an email message to let them know that you now have a new email address.

To protect privacy, it is recommended to put all the addresses into the BCC box - which is how you send to lots of people, but each of them will not see the email addresses of other recipients.

Edit:

Remember to mention your name and your old email address in the email message, otherwise they will have no idea who this person is.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:17 AM