Convert ASP.NET application to SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I tried to convert an existing ASP.NET application to SharePoint 2007 and was successful in adding my existing asp.net page into the _layouts folder in the 12 hives.   I used WSPBuilder so my page rendered nicely a SharePoint site.   However, in my asp.net project solution I also have a Common folder where I store all my class files (.vb files) for business and data layer.  As soon as I make in a change in my asp.net page by calling one of the class files, I will get the "Unknown Error" message on the SharePoint page.   I put all the DLLs in the GAC, also when I run WSPBuilder to build and deploy wsp file, it automatically add a SafeControl for my project.   What else do I miss here ?   Does anyone know how to convert asp.net application which has custom class files to SharePoint ?  I like the approach of converting the asp.net page into SharePoint application page by putting it in the _layouts folder; however, it seems like it won't work if that asp.net page is calling a class file.  Not sure what I should do to make SharePoint "recognize" this class file.    Thank you in advance for any help.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:15 PM admin or programming certainly not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You want to check 2 things here.

1. Open the web.config and check the Trust Level.  Change it to "Full" and see if that makes any difference

2. In the Web.config, change the CustomErrors="Off" and CallStack="True" (This should give you a more detailed error)

Regards

Ranga

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:46 PM