none
Can't save free download of project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download the free trial of project 2013.  The download window opens and asks where I want to save it.  I put in the location and press ok, the error message "can't save to that location" keeps coming up no matter where I try to save it.  I have tried both the 32 and 64 bit downloads.  I am running windows 7.  I'm using Google Chrome and I downloaded the installer that came up prior to the installation window.  Please help!
    Friday, January 10, 2014 10:33 PM

All replies

• I am trying to download the free trial of project 2013.  The download window opens and asks where I want to save it.  I put in the location and press ok, the error message "can't save to that location" keeps coming up no matter where I try to save it.  I have tried both the 32 and 64 bit downloads.  I am running windows 7.  I'm using Google Chrome and I downloaded the installer that came up prior to the installation window.  Please help!
    Friday, January 10, 2014 10:34 PM
  • Hello. Shouldn't make a difference but have you tried with a different browser? Is it a personal machine or a company machine? If the later you may have restrictions on the machine that prevent it. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:28 AM
  • Do you have privileges on the machine to download and install software?  Many organizations block the ability to install software.
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 3:21 PM
  • It's my personal machine, so there are no restrictions in place.  I will try another browser and see if that helps.
    Monday, January 13, 2014 6:16 PM