none
Exchange server 2007 -1206 (JET_errDatabaseCorrupted, Non database file or corrupted db) error

Question

• I have a virtual Exchange server 2010 which rub through the hard drive failure. It was a cause of mailbox.edb corruption. So, I had to replace the hard, no problem. But after that mailbox database started to get errors. Chkdsk/f and /r on both drivers was made with partial success, one of them gave me 1206 (JET_errDatabaseCorrupted, Non database file or corrupted db) error. Can I restore the database? 

Saturday, February 14, 2015 5:15 PM

Answers

• PK M is absolutely right, i am agree with him. You need to make a backup of all your edb, vmdk files and restore your database offline from a backup. If you have no backup then  run eseutil/p command. 

I wish to add for myself that in case your database still accessible you need to create a new vmdk and new database as well. Then move your mailboxes into this new database. You can do that with or without circular logging, as you wish. If you will be able do this, just delete the old database. 

If all this doesn`t work, then your file can be really corrupted. In this case, you may restore it with help of third-party program. Try a demo version of this tool - Recovery Toolbox for Exchange Server https://exchangeserver.recoverytoolbox.com/

Or you can connect with support, maybe they find a solution. 

• Marked as answer by ChasmaPetalbee Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:26 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to repair this database?

If you haven't, please repair this database to check result.

Here is a related thread for your reference.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/33c839b2-512a-4df5-a5db-ffaeffd46fb4/exchange-is-corrupt-error-1206-jeterrdatabasecorrupted?forum=exchangesvrgenerallegacy

Best regards,

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 16, 2015 7:44 AM
  • yes, you may restore an full + Incremental backup to committ new transaction logs which were generated after the last backup. If you are not successful restoring the database from backup then, you would need to run hard repair.

eseutil /p "Edbfilename.edb"

Please understand ramifications of running hard repair and make sure to have a copy of .edb file saved before repair as there might be possibility of data loss between 2% - 99% depending upon the logical corruption.

Pavan Maganti ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:19 AM
  • PK M is absolutely right, i am agree with him. You need to make a backup of all your edb, vmdk files and restore your database offline from a backup. If you have no backup then  run eseutil/p command. 

I wish to add for myself that in case your database still accessible you need to create a new vmdk and new database as well. Then move your mailboxes into this new database. You can do that with or without circular logging, as you wish. If you will be able do this, just delete the old database. 

If all this doesn`t work, then your file can be really corrupted. In this case, you may restore it with help of third-party program. Try a demo version of this tool - Recovery Toolbox for Exchange Server https://exchangeserver.recoverytoolbox.com/

Or you can connect with support, maybe they find a solution. 

• Marked as answer by ChasmaPetalbee Tuesday, February 17, 2015 9:26 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:18 PM