Adobe Reader will not open doc. RRS feed

• Question

• My new laptop comes with windows 10.I tried to install adobe reader DC,and it tells me its installed . I can`t find it opened anywhere.I have a PDF file saved in my download folder,and every time I try to open the file it says it`s opened in another program. I`ve tried to re-install it,I`ve tried to delete the PDF file but it says it can`t because it`s open , but I can`t find where it`s open.Please help with advise.Thank-you

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• My new laptop comes with windows 10.  I tried to install adobe reader DC,and it tells me its installed.  I can`t find it opened anywhere.

Click on the Start button and start typing READER.  You should see Acrobat Reader DC at (or near) the top of the search list.  Click on it and Reader should open.

I have a PDF file saved in my download folder, and every time I try to open the file it says it`s opened in another program.

Try rebooting and then opening the PDF file again.  If it opens but not in Acrobat Reader DC then right click on the file and select Open with >> Choose another app.  Then select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and check the "Always use this app to open .pdf files" checkbox.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:04 PM
  • Hmm, try http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/opened_files_view.html show the opened files and what has them opened. Does have Find under the Edit menu but should be able to find the file in the alphabetical list (a lot of files will be shown though). That should show what has it open and would be starting point.
    Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:16 PM
  • Hi,

We can try the cleaner tool from Adobe and see if we can get it reinstalled after cleaning up:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:19 PM