locked
Weird delay in any action in Metro RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've reinstalled Windows couple of days ago and now I'm experiencing some weird problems. It did not happen before reinstall.

    I've installed all the drivers, updated system from windows Win 8.1 x64 to Update 1. 

    So what happens is, when in Metro, any action I try to do has a weird no-response time. I start typing for instance to trigger search function, which I use quite often, and nothing happens. Then a couple of seconds pass, text that I typed isn't executed and then I have to type it all over again.

    Same goes for trying to open any app/do anything. Weird delay and then I can use metro normally. Everything looks alright, just have a delay for the first action I do when I open up metro. It's getting quite annoying now. I have installed all the latest updates from Windows. Also, I'm not sure when this started happening because I've updated to Update 1 right away.

    Any idea what might cause this? I've looked up event logs to look for errors, but nothing I can find that might be regarding this issue...

    Thank you

    Friday, September 19, 2014 1:06 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    I would like to know if there is any improvement after perform my suggestions.

    Please test the issue in a new user account and let me know the results.

    Please save the App logs and upload it into Onedrive or similar file sharing service, and post back the shared link here for our research.

    1. Open Event Viewer.
    2. Right-click the appropriate log file (Apps).
    3.Click Save Log File As.
    4.Type a name for the file, and click Save .


    Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

    • Marked as answer by nt92 Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:45 PM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:35 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I suggest you run following troubleshooters to check your issue:


    Download Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter for Windows 8
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

    Download Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter for Windows 8
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

    Also, I would like you to test if this issue happened in a new created account.

    In addition, please run following command as admin to scan the system:

    sfc /scannow

    If there is any error, please post back the cbs.log for us to research.

    At last, Start Event Viewer by typing "eventvwr" at the Start screen and check these logs:  AppModel-Runtime, Apps, AppXDeployment and AppXDeployment-Server under Applications and services logs/Microsoft/Windows.


    Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, September 22, 2014 8:14 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, I couldn't reply back earlier.

    Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter:

    I've reset Windows Store, it reported "Windows Store configuration may be damaged" and Re-registering Windows Store has a status Completed in the report.

    Regarding Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter:

    "No rootcauses found and created logs" - Detected, and below Completed.

    sfc /scannow had nothing to report

    In logs, nothing was suspicious. Only Apps log has a lot, a lot of errors, mostly "A notification for this tile expired while it was visible" and a few of these:

    "The description for Event ID 2095 from source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event."
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

    I would like to know if there is any improvement after perform my suggestions.

    Please test the issue in a new user account and let me know the results.

    Please save the App logs and upload it into Onedrive or similar file sharing service, and post back the shared link here for our research.

    1. Open Event Viewer.
    2. Right-click the appropriate log file (Apps).
    3.Click Save Log File As.
    4.Type a name for the file, and click Save .


    Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

    • Marked as answer by nt92 Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:45 PM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:35 PM
  • Hi,

    Actually, I've been thinking about what was different with the usage of my PC before the installation. Seems like MediaMonkey's toolbar caused this. The moment I've stopped using their toolbar and switched to Mini Player, it stopped happening.

    I'll get back to you with logs if it happens again though.

    Thanks for your support

    Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:44 PM