locked
Timer jobs not executing in one server RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi ,

    We are having an issue in one of our sharepoint server -

    Timer service hung and was not able to restart.

    Event log says that the service account lost the log in as service permission

    it has been provided to the account and the timer service started successfully

    after which we found Central admin service is in "Stopping" status in the same server (CA->operations->services on server).

    used stsadm -o privisionservice... command to stop and start the service

    CA service stopped and started successfully

    server rebooted after the service started

    stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs to start the pending timer jobs but we did not able to start the timer jobs in this server.

    solutions which we deploy globally on the farm is not hitting this server. except this server the solutions deployed successfully in all other servers.

    Timer jobs working fine in all the other servers except this one.

    Any clue / help / guidance on this issue .

    Thanks

    R Saravana Kumar

    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:45 PM

Answers

  • Atlast we fixed the issue by fresh installation on the server. We uninstalled Sharepoint and OS from the server and performed fresh intallation (OS and Sharepoint) and attached the server back to the farm. This fixed the issue and everything seems to be working now.

    Thanks

    R Saravana Kumar

    • Marked as answer by SaravanakumarR Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:25 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:25 AM

All replies

  • HI,

    I think something has got broken in this server. Try executing sharepoint configuration wizard again in this server.


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu

    Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:29 AM
  • Did you check the ULS log for any additional information? Also, see this article-http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739424(v=ws.10).aspx
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Hi Craig, My logs keep updating the same entries -

    03/23/2012 16:06:39.26  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0508)                    0x00FC SharePoint Portal Server       SSO                            8inc Medium   In SSOService::Synch(), sso database conn string:  
    03/23/2012 16:07:27.47  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0508)                    0x0D1C Windows SharePoint Services    Topology                       0 Medium   Adding Domain\system account to local group 0. 
    03/23/2012 16:07:27.47  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0508)                    0x0D1C Windows SharePoint Services    Topology                       0 Medium   Adding Domain\system account to local group 2. 
    03/23/2012 16:07:27.94  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0508)                    0x0D1C Windows SharePoint Services    Topology                       0 Medium   Adding Domain\system account to local group 0. 
    03/23/2012 16:07:27.94  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0508)                    0x0D1C Windows SharePoint Services    Topology                       0 Medium   Adding Domain\system account to local group 2. 
    03/23/2012 16:07:39.28  OWSTIMER.EXE (0x0508)                    0x0F80 Search Server Common           MS Search Administration       9e54 High     SearchDataAccessServiceInstance.Synchronize(). local searchserviceinstance status is bad. Object statuses: ssp status Online sspdb Online searchdb Online ssp search service instance Online local search service instance Disabled 

    Any idea what went wrong on timer service.

    Thanks

    R Saravana Kumar

    Friday, March 23, 2012 3:38 PM
  •  

    Try to clean the SharePoint cache http://blogs.msdn.com/b/josrod/archive/2007/12/12/clear-the-sharepoint-configuration-cache-for-timer-job-and-psconfig-errors.aspx  maybe it can resolve this issue.  This server is a WFE or an application server? In Event Viewer do you have any SharePoint errors or warnings?


    MCITP|MCTS SharePoint| SharePoint Performance blog

    Monday, March 26, 2012 11:52 AM
  • Hi Bogdan,

    This is a WFE server and we do not see any erros in the event viewer.

    Thanks

    R Saravana Kumar

    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Hi Bogdan,

    We tried clearing the config cache but no use , still we are facing the same issue. please advice on how to proceed and do any one have any other suggestion on this issue.

    Thanks

    R Saravana kumar

    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:13 AM
  • Atlast we fixed the issue by fresh installation on the server. We uninstalled Sharepoint and OS from the server and performed fresh intallation (OS and Sharepoint) and attached the server back to the farm. This fixed the issue and everything seems to be working now.

    Thanks

    R Saravana Kumar

    • Marked as answer by SaravanakumarR Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:25 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:25 AM