messages sent sitting in a 'Pending' status and not being received. RRS feed

• Question

• I realize this isn't Exchange Server 2016 related directly, but I'm not seeing a forum for Exchange online/O365 specifically.  We have a user that has a handful of messages that are in a 'Pending' status with the related error message below.  There is nothing(at least that I can see) that is unique about the configuration of this user's account so I'm not sure what the issue might be.  We have also noticed that if the sender re-sends the message that is currently 'Pending' sometimes(but, not all the time) the message is received normally.  I've seen mention of this in other forums, but it appears to be often tied to on-prem Exchange and not Exchange online.  Anyone have any clues?

Reason: [{LED=432 4.3.2 STOREDRV.Deliver; mailbox database thread limit exceeded[retryinterval=00:02:40.3615206][retryqueue=False][retryscopetype=DatabasePriority]};

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my knowledge, this issue can be caused by mailbox size exceeds the mailbox quota. You can use the following command to check the settings of this user mailbox.

Get-Mailbox <identity> | fl IssueWarningQuota,ProhibitSendQuota,ProhibitSendReceiveQuota

Here is a similar issue, you can check this for more details: 4.3.2 Mailbox Thread Limit Exceeded

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:14 AM

All replies