Now Windows 7 doesn't display Office 2010 nor pdf properties RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have installed a new version of Office 2010 (home-office) and Windows 7 has stopped showing the doc properties (like Subject, Categories, Content State...) in Details view and even in the Details Pane...

The same document details could be displayed properly even with the previous Office 2010 pro version I had installed and with the Beta. I could even see some pdf properties.

I can still see music, video and picture's properties but not Office or pdf properties. It all happened since installing the Office 2010 home version.

If I right-click in the document and click Properties, the properties I refer to aren't displayed. They are displayed though if I open the document and press File /info.

Re-indexing didn't solve it... Any idea of what's going on?

Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does the issue occur after uninstalling Office 2010 Home? If the issue does not occur after uninstalling Office 2010, it is recommended contact Office Support directly to confirm if this is a known issue.

Otherwise, if the issue still exists after  uninstalling Office 2010, you can try the following suggestions and see if the issue can be resolved:

First, access Clean Boot to check the issue. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

Second, use ShellExView to disable third party extension of Windows Explorer:

1. Download ShellExView v1.41 from the following link http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.zip

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2. Right-click the "shexview.zip" file, select "Extract All", the Extraction Wizard will prompt.

3. Click Next, input "C:\ShellExView" (without the quotation marks) in the "Files will be extracted to this directory" textbox.

4. Click Next and click Finnish.

5. Open the "C:\ShellExView" folder and double-click the "shexview.exe" file. It will scan the registry for all the shell extensions.

6. Select all the non-Microsoft extensions in pink by press "Ctrl" in the keyboard.

7. Click the "Disable Selected Items" on the toolbar and click Yes.

8. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still exists, create a new user account to see if the issue occurs. If the issue does not occur in a new user account, move on to the suggestions in this article: Fix a corrupted user profile

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:34 AM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 6:07 AM