none
Which policy is best to enable local system audit settings in?

Question

• Hi all,

I was wondering whether you could help, basically I want to ask which policy is best to enable local system audit settings in i.e. Default Domain policy, Default Controller policy or in a separate policy. Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:24 PM

Answers

• I would prefer Default Domain policy. 

All system will be enabled for Audit logging in this case. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by RocknRollTim Sunday, April 2, 2017 5:04 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:12 AM
  • Hi,
    Generally, I would configure other group policies in new GPO, link the new GPO to domain or OU and leave alone Default Domain policy and Default Controller policy GPO.
    By doing this, it will avoid the risk to mess the default configuration in that both GPOs and when something goes wrong in the group policy, it is easier and clearer to troubleshoot.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:04 AM

All replies

• I would prefer Default Domain policy. 

All system will be enabled for Audit logging in this case. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:12 AM
  • Hi,
    Generally, I would configure other group policies in new GPO, link the new GPO to domain or OU and leave alone Default Domain policy and Default Controller policy GPO.
    By doing this, it will avoid the risk to mess the default configuration in that both GPOs and when something goes wrong in the group policy, it is easier and clearer to troubleshoot.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:04 AM
  • Hi arnavsharma,

Thank you for getting back to me, will keep your suggestion in mind.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:40 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Thank you for also getting back to me, will also keep your suggestion in mind too.

Regards,

RocknRollTim

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:40 AM