none
Work Folders and folder redirection problem if userprofile is "duplicated" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm doing test for migrating to work folders.

I'm just finding a big problem.

I do exactly what I found in Microsoft documentation, a gpo with folder redirection to %systemdrive%\Users\%Username%\Work folders\Desktop for example

It works great except if the user had a problem with his profile, and the profile is duplicated (like C:\Users\USERNAME.DOMAIN)

I have try to redirect folder to %USERPROFILE%\Work Folders\Desktop instead, but it doesn't work, it seems that as soon as you use %USERPROFILE% in the path, the GPO think you want to use the default folder, even if you have subfolder after...

I can't find any workaround

thanks for your help

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:15 AM

Answers

• ok solved with this workaround

in a gpo that applies previously, I define with GPP an environment variable USERPROFILEWF=%USERPROFILE%

and in my folder redirection GPO, I redirect to %USERPROFILEWF%\Work Folders\Desktop

but it's really annoying that gpo decide to force "use default folder" as soon as you use %USERPROFILE% in the path....

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:41 AM

All replies

• ok solved with this workaround

in a gpo that applies previously, I define with GPP an environment variable USERPROFILEWF=%USERPROFILE%

and in my folder redirection GPO, I redirect to %USERPROFILEWF%\Work Folders\Desktop

but it's really annoying that gpo decide to force "use default folder" as soon as you use %USERPROFILE% in the path....

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:41 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that!

Thanks for your sharing!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:09 AM