Configure Server 2012R2 Hyper-V RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have setup server 2012R2 Hyper-V. I have 2TB physical HD and partition the C drive to 300GB and the rest,1.5Tb, for my DATA. 1. How do I use Powershell to initialize the 1.5Tb, format to NTFS and assign drive letter?

I am able to remote into the Hyper-V using remote desktop. When connect to the server using Hyper-V Manager, I got the following error "Operation on computer failed"10.10.10.10".

2. How do I enable the RPC using powershell?

veasna

Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:29 PM

All replies

• Hello veasna,

to 2:) is your Server Domain based? If so, then RPC communication should work out of the box. If not then you can use to configure the Client and Server the tool hvremote. The link contains as proper documentation as well.

to 1:) YOu can connect to the Server and start a local Powershell. Then follow the guidance in this article.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Thomas

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 7:00 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

The server is Domain based and I am able to remote into it but unable to connect when use Hyper-V tools.

Jimmy

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:27 PM
  • Might want to check and see if there is a firewall in between blocking the connection between the tools and the server. When you are on the host, you want to make sure you have remote management enabled as well that way it can configure the windows firewall (if its on and enabled in your domain) to allow the remote tools connection.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:31 PM
  • Hi Jimmy,

HVremote also sets the Firewall rules correctly and set some other Settings as well. To disable the Firewall using powershell is (execute on the Hyper-V Server)
    Set-NetFirewallProfile -Enabled false  -PassThru

Check is everythink proper (execute on the Hyper-V Server)
    cscript hvremote /show /target:othercomputername

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Thomas

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 5:57 AM