Login Screen RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi there,

I admire beauty as much as I admire technology. Windows 7 is THE best operating system Microsoft has ever produced (behind 2000 versions) both technologically and cosmetically. I like the login screen of Windows 7 as much as I hate it for silly reasons :-) For domain clients, I feel there is something Microsoft could have done. When I apply the logon text group policy, it actually messes up the beautiful login screen mainly because the text is with fixed font and size and does not support paragraphs or line spaces. I would have loved to see microsoft support rich text on login screen, so that I can load the whole "Acceptable Usage Policy" on the logon screen which has a better chance of being read than the small text at present. I'm also not very fond of having the logon at the center. I would prefer to have the logon at the right side much like the gadget bar and scrollable vertically (in case the whole family use one computer). for individuals this would let them use family photos on the screen without having to have logon text box appear on grandma's face.  for the business, as I mentioned, we can fire up HTML version of policies, notifications, etc... on the logon screen. Also, give option on 'Personalize' screen to choose logon wallpapers.

Please let me know if any of this is in the future road map or if there are technical difficulties in achieveing the same.

Thanks

1ndian

Saturday, May 22, 2010 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi 1ndian

Sounds like some good ideas.

Your best resource for this type of feedback is to post it directly to where the developers who make the design decisions will see it. Here is a feedback form that you can use.

Windows 7 feedback - Speak to us at Microsoft

Regards,

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:26 AM
  • done!

Thanks ronnie

Monday, May 24, 2010 8:56 AM