none
MS Project Pro 2013 Missing Default Filters RRS feed

• Question

• I received a MS Project Pro file from another employee as a template and all of the default filters are missing. There are many [No Filter] lines in the drop down list.  I am looking for the "Critical" filter.  When I try to add a new filter labeled "Critical" the software says the filter exists and I can't add one.  When I look at the filter organizer, I do only see a few custom filters, and the default filters are missing.  I try to copy the default filters from the Global file and it says filters cannot be copied, renamed, or deleted.  Is there a fix to get the default filters back into this file template?
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 9:37 PM

Answers

• Matt,

First of all, is your version of Project 2013 fully updated with the June 2016 Cumulative Update? If you are not sure, run Windows Update.

Assuming you are fully updated, it sounds like the template file may be corrupt. Do you have all the default filters when you open a new blank Project file? If you do, try saving the template file as XML and then re-open in Project. Do the default filter appear now?

John

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:03 PM

All replies

• Matt,

First of all, is your version of Project 2013 fully updated with the June 2016 Cumulative Update? If you are not sure, run Windows Update.

Assuming you are fully updated, it sounds like the template file may be corrupt. Do you have all the default filters when you open a new blank Project file? If you do, try saving the template file as XML and then re-open in Project. Do the default filter appear now?

John

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:03 PM
  • Close MSP.

Find the global.mpt file and rename it "Global MPT old.mpt"

Open MSP.

It should re-create a new global.mpt.

Does it?

Thursday, July 7, 2016 1:16 AM
  • Thanks John,  The save as XML did work. I imported the XML file into a new project.  All of teh built-in filters are now there.  All of my other files are good and opening a new project has all of the filters.  It looks like just this one file was corrupted.
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 2:50 PM
  • Matt,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:20 PM