wrong Domain in User Profiles Service Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Moving Farm do new domain by building a new farm and attached the content DB ...

Also restored the UPSA from the old domain (not the sync) and all profiles in there have the

<olddomain>\<username> .

I ran the Move-SPuser  on all - but that doesn't change them in there..

1) How do I change all the profiles in the USPA the right way?

- I cant do a sync as the user profile sync service is not running... >(another issue) 

On the portal there is a contact webpart with a user newdomain\username but when I click on the link to the users mysite it can't show the users because it calls the olddomain\username

• Edited by JmATK Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:35 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2018 6:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Grace 

Yes - I wish I could fix/start the service .... 

can't even start the miisclient.exe ....

The ULS log 

The service instance User Profile Synchronization Service is successfully provisioned.....

The service instance User Profile Synchronization Service is successfully unprovisioned.

• Edited by JmATK Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by JmATK Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:44 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi JmATK,

To move the users, first, use the PowerShell command below to move users:

$user = Get-SPUser -Identity "olddomain\username" -Web http://webUrl

Move-SPUser -Identity $user -NewAlias "newdomain\username" -IgnoreSid

Note: use -IgnoreSid if SID History was not enabled during migration

Then, we need to recreate User Profile Service Synchronization which will point to the new domain instead of the old domain and start a full synchronization to update the users’ profile.

Therefore, I suggest you running the user profile full sync and check again.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:37 AM
  • Hi Grace 

I've previously done the move Spuser  - not towards the Mysite url - but the portal url - I can't do a sync as the service won't start ... I'm stuck...

And I can't migrate users one by one ...

• Edited by JmATK Thursday, July 12, 2018 9:20 AM
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 9:15 AM
  • Hi JmATK,

I suggest you fixing the user profile service sync issue firstly. And then check again.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:19 AM
  • Hi Grace 

Yes - I wish I could fix/start the service .... 

can't even start the miisclient.exe ....

The ULS log 

The service instance User Profile Synchronization Service is successfully provisioned.....

The service instance User Profile Synchronization Service is successfully unprovisioned.

• Edited by JmATK Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by JmATK Thursday, July 12, 2018 7:44 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:58 AM