none
rebuilding a user profile when in Steady State RRS feed

• Question

• We have a corrupt profile on one of our children computers which I'm told is a normal part of using Windows. I was told I just need to rename the old profile, restart the computer and log back in. The new profile will be like a new user and I can use to old profile to transfer the settings back to the new profile.  Do I turn off Steady State for this profile before I proceed, or, if I need to, when during the process should I turn it off and back on.  Since we have Steady State on this machine will I need to rebuild the new profile or will the files come back to it because we use Steady State?  (As you can tell I'm a newbie.)  TIA.  Steve Hartung, Pamunkey Regional Library 
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You needn’t to turn off WSS, you can rename the corrupted profile, then login again. A new profile will be created.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 7:30 AM