Office 2013 Volume License (MAK or KMS) Click-to-Run with App-V 5 - Where to get VL Packages? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have deployed App-V 5 and have the preview packages working fine. We would now like to do the actual VL for which we are licensed under the EA, but we can't find the packages. We checked the Microsoft download center and have the traditional Windows Installer ISO.

I downloaded the Office 2013 Deployment Toolkit (RTM) and made an app-v package using this, but the XML lists the entries as "Office365Retail". Can I use this same package for the VL Office 2013 with MAK or KMS that we have under our EA? If not, where do I find the VL version of the .appv packages?

Thanks.

-- Justin Grote Sr. Systems Engineer En Pointe Global Services

Saturday, March 9, 2013 3:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Doesn't the preview actually use Volume licensing and KMS servers? If I was you I would stick with the preview and then switch over to the full release when Microsoft put it out.

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Saturday, March 9, 2013 5:30 AM
  • Hello,

See this article;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2772509

The VL version is not supported as far as I see it

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:24 AM
  • This is really unfortunate.  I would really like to deploy Office 2013 via App-V but the Volumn Licensing is crucial.  I don't understand why the preview package would use it and not this version.  Does anyone know if there is a plan to change this?
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:56 PM
  • Hello Justin Grote,

I am trying to create office 2013.appv package to my lab environment. I had downloaded "Office 2013 Deployment Toolkit" from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36778    and followed    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219422.aspx#BKMK_OfficeDeploymentToolOverview  to download & create *.appv package.

After downloading, executed the below command in elevated mode,

C:\users\karthik\downloads\officedeploymenttol>Setup.exe /PACKAGER C:\users \Karthik\downloads\officedeploymenttol\configuration.xml F:/Office 2013 appv Package.

On executing the above parameters i am getting the following error message.

Windows cannot find C:\Uerskarthik\AppData\LocaI\Temp\Microsoft Offic 15 \CIientXS6\integratedoffice.exe. Make sure you’ve typed the name correctly, then try again.

Thanks.

Karthik M

• Edited by karthikmkr Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:13 AM Sequencing Office 2013
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:48 AM
  • Hello,
    Did you run with /download first?

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:13 AM
  • Hello Nicke Källén,

Below are the steps which i had followed.

1. C:\users\karthik\downloads\officedeploymenttol>Setup.exe /DOWNLOAD C:\users \Karthik\downloads\officedeploymenttol\configuration.xml
    2. C:\users\karthik\downloads\officedeploymenttol>Setup.exe /CONFIGURE C:\users \Karthik\downloads\officedeploymenttol\configuration.xml
    3. C:\users\karthik\downloads\officedeploymenttol>Setup.exe /PACKAGER C:\users \Karthik\downloads\officedeploymenttol\configuration.xml F:/Office 2013 appv Package.

After executing the 3rd step i am getting the error.

Thanks

Karthik M

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:42 AM
  • I Had follow the same steps and I aslo getting the same error.

Windows cannot find C:\Uers\Admin\AppData\LocaI\Temp\Microsoft Offic 15 \CIientXS6\integratedoffice.exe. Make sure you’ve typed the name correctly, then try again.

ERROR: Failed to runas admin for file: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Micr
    osoft Office 15\ClientX86\integratedoffice.exe arguments: FLATTEN FLATTEN RERUNM
    ODE config "d:\sfr\office2013\configuration.xml" flattenedoutput "d:\SFR\Office2
    013\APPV"
    .Quitting!

Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:29 PM
  • Hello,

I would verify if the files are downloaded properly - if not, raise a call with Microsoft

Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:53 PM