none
Project manager is not able to see resource assignment View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My Environment is 2010.

My project managers are not able to view resource assignment summary view.

when they click on the resource assignment for selected resource, Resource assignment Table is coming but no data is displaying.

I have only default summary view   that is having permission for My task,My proejct and My organization and as an administrator i am able to see data.

kirtesh

Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:14 AM

Answers

• Kirtesh --

I wish you would not cross-post your questions, as you have as running all over trying to answer your questions in multiple forums.  In the other Project Server forum, I told you to refer to the following blog post to see the reason for the problem and its solution:

I believe this will solve your problem nicely.  Hope this helps.

And by the way, if you have cross-posted your question in multiple public forums and then someone answers your question in one of the forums, would you please tell the users in the other forum that you got your question answered?  It would save us all a lot of time.  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

• Marked as answer by Kirteshtiw Friday, June 15, 2012 6:42 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Kirtesh,

With the default configuration, PM/RM can view the Resource assignment from resource center. Did you verify with changning the date range/ No filter etc. Try creating a new view under Resource assignment & see if that works.

May be the selected resource is assigned to project but booking is proposed. Can you please verify & let us know the result.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:57 AM
  • Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes i changed date range/ No filter/no grouping also created a new view under resource assignment and checked but not working for Project mangers.

No booking is not proposed.

kirtesh

Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:20 AM
  • Hi Amit, Sometime i am getting "Assertion failed:Break into debugger ?" in my system. what it is ??but only when i am trying to load for all the resources.

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:12 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:29 AM
  • Kirtesh,

Is the PM part of a group that is attached to a category that has the Resource Assignment view associated with said category?

Treb Gatte

Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Treb,

Yes Resource Assignment view is associated with the group.

kirtesh

Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:37 PM
  • Kirtesh,

Are you using RBS based filtering in the category? If so and if the resources aren't below the PMs in the RBS, the PMs wouldn't see any data.

--Treb

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:26 PM
  • What do you mean by RBS based filtering in the category ???

kirtesh

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:32 PM
  • Kirtesh,

Groups control what actions a particular role can take on a selected dataset. So, Project Managers belong to the Project Manager role and have PM action permissions which are encapsulated in the Group.

Categories represent sets of data and the views through with the data can be viewed. Groups can have multiple Categories and a Category can belong to multiple groups as different groups may have different requirements based on the dataset.

Categories control Project and Resource datasets. Within the Category is functionality that enables you to set up data filtering based on where you are within the RBS hierarchy.

The RBS or Resource Breakdown Structure is a special custom field, introduced in Project Server 2002, that enables you to capture the organizational hierarchy as it relates to data visibility. So a scenario where Director sees her org's resources, Manager sees his team's resources and team member sees themselves is easily done using the RBS and tweaking which views are attached to the RBS filtered category.

If someone implemented the RBS for you and if the category settings are such where RBS filtering is being used, then the resource assignments that the PMs are attempting to view must be in the RBS hierarchy at or below the PM, depending on the settings.

The easiest way to tell if RBS is being used is

• Go into the category used for PMs
    • Expand the Resource group
    • Is the Only the Resources indicated setting checked
    • If yes, is one of the bottom three RBS checkboxes are checked?

If so, you are using RBS. By default, a PM should be able to see any resource assignments for which those resources are project team members for projects which the PM owns.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks!

--Treb

Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:17 PM
  • Kirtesh --

I wish you would not cross-post your questions, as you have as running all over trying to answer your questions in multiple forums.  In the other Project Server forum, I told you to refer to the following blog post to see the reason for the problem and its solution:

I believe this will solve your problem nicely.  Hope this helps.

And by the way, if you have cross-posted your question in multiple public forums and then someone answers your question in one of the forums, would you please tell the users in the other forum that you got your question answered?  It would save us all a lot of time.  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

• Marked as answer by Kirteshtiw Friday, June 15, 2012 6:42 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:53 PM