none
Office 365 Transport rules stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently added Transport rules to support Exclaimer signatures and tested this for a week and it worked fine. Now all mail flow Transport rules have stopped working since the 19th of November. Including encryption rules, disclaimer, auto-forwarding rule. I use mimecast so we have a transport rule to send emails to Exclaimer for auto signature, then received back to our server, then use another rule to send to Mimecast.

All seemed fine when I configured and tested . now all my rules have suddenly stooped even after I disabled the Exclaimer transport rule. All emails are being journaled including externals then sent out with no disclaimer or encryption.

I opened a ticket with Microsoft but they haven't managed to figure out what could be the issue.

I desperately need assistance if you have ideas I could try.

Monday, December 2, 2019 3:42 PM

Answers

• It was a backend issue. Microsoft finally resolved the issue .

Thanks fro contributions

• Marked as answer by SesM Monday, December 9, 2019 12:14 PM
    Monday, December 9, 2019 12:14 PM

All replies

• Anyone with ideas,please??
    Monday, December 2, 2019 4:14 PM
  • Hi SesM,

How do you create those rule in your organization?

What is the mail flow in your organization? Do you mean that email sent from mimecast, then be add signature from Office 365, then sent back to mimecast?

We can only check from front-end, such as whether are those rules created correctly. About why are those rules not working, you may need to wait for response from Office 365 service request which could check from back end.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:35 AM
  • We are using office 365 emails only, hence I manually created the tRANSPORT rules, from Exchange admin center, Mail flow, Rules, Add.
    One of the simplest rules I have is to encrypt any email with subject title Encrypt or encrypted or encryption. This was working until the 19th of November and suddenly stopped until today.

Autoreplies pick up the disclaimer rules and proper Mimecast connector but normal emails are not being routed to the correct connector and transport rules.

The signature rule was sending emails to Exclaimer server, then back to office 365, then Mimecast connector using a second transport rule.
    See images below:

• Edited by SesM Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:49 AM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:13 AM
  • I'm failing to upload a pic, getting can't add images in body text until we verify your account.
    How should I upload pics? I'm quite new on the forum so still  learning how to use it.
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 10:48 AM
  • I'm failing to upload a pic, getting can't add images in body text until we verify your account.
    How should I upload pics? I'm quite new on the forum so still  learning how to use it.

This thread below is used to verify new account, after verifying, you will could upload picture to this forum: Verify Account 42 

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:24 PM
  • It was a backend issue. Microsoft finally resolved the issue .

Thanks fro contributions

• Marked as answer by SesM Monday, December 9, 2019 12:14 PM
    Monday, December 9, 2019 12:14 PM