Vista installation error occur when completing installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am facing a problem with installing vista 32 bit in my pc, it show a blue screen in complete installation ,but unable to read because it restarted, after the restart windows start-up and shows windows not properly installed, the restarted, now i just update the bios too but after the bios updation the same problems occurs.

Intel D945GCNL, 2GHZ
    CORE 2DUO
    SEAGATE 160 GB SATA
    1GB DDR2

Thanks in advance
    Vineeth
    Monday, October 12, 2009 4:34 AM

All replies

• Monday, October 12, 2009 10:46 AM
  • Hi,

i already remove all hardware devices from the computer, but the same problem occurs ,

Thanks
    Vineeth
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:03 AM
  • Anyone from MS?
    Vineeth
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:43 AM
  • Hi, Have you set in the bios the sata to ide mode this could help, if you already tried that. Does the harddisk have an partitions or data. If no try erasing harddisk with Darik's boot & nuke. Download and burn ISO to cd.

http://download.cnet.com/Darik-s-Boot-and-Nuke-for-CD-and-DVD/3000-2094_4-10151762.html

This will bring the harddisk back to as new. The reason I suggest this is even when you think you have deleted the harddisk using Windows delete. There is still stuff left behind that could cause blue screen events.

Slan go foill, Paul 
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for giving reply

I have tried with delete all partition and create partition using vista installer setup, i will check in bios the sata to ide mode

Vineeth
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:28 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry i cant find in bios to set the mode to ide, how can i set in Intel D945GCNL

Thanks
    Vineeth
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:00 AM
  • Hi, In bios go to Intergated Peripherals - Sata Port 0-3 Native mode change from Enable to disable this make them work legacy IDE mode. ( maybe slightly different in your bios. ) Slan go foill, Paul
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:39 PM