none
Error 550 5.1.1 User Unknown RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving this error when try to sent an email from internet.

<ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com>: host

mail.metrorealtyflorida.com[199.189.195.145] said: 550 5.1.1 User unknown

(in reply to RCPT TO command)

Don't know what is preventing email to deliver on the said address. Is there any way to fix this issue through ADSIedit.msc ?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 10:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• What version, service pack, update rollup and/or cumulative update of Exchange are you running?  Is mail.matrorealtyflorida.com your Exchange server?  It looks like it is when I telnet to it over port 25.  I get the same result when I try.  Do you have a mail recipient in your organization with the address ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com? 

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:10 AM
  • That's correct. We are using Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 with version 14.03.0224.002 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard service Pack 1.

All other emails on the said server are working fine except ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com

Don't know what is preventing it  from receiving emails.

I saw that "Require that all senders are authenticated" is uncheck.

It accept messages form "All senders" in properties.

Please note that I can't change anything in exchange server. If I do, i get message that you must provide a value to this property. That's why I am asking help through ADSIedit.msc or any other alternative.

Thanks

Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:15 PM
  • Please post the full command and full error message of any examples you cite.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Saturday, December 10, 2016 7:45 AM
  • Please refer to the following image.

Email

See. Whatever action I do in Exchange server, I just get this error message "You must provide a value to this property". If I want to create an account, Want to remove forwarder, want to delete account or if I change properties of a mailbox, I just get this message.

Monday, December 12, 2016 2:35 PM
  • Use the Exchange Management Shell.

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:10 PM
  • Hi, Aamir Karim

How many mailbox databases in your environment? And what's the mailbox database status for them? Run this command in EMS to check:

Get-MailboxDatabase | Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus

According to error "You must provide a value to this property", refer to this similar thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/7b46bdb9-3afe-4a01-987f-6897316683ff/exchange-2010-cannot-create-mailbox?forum=exchange2010

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Lyn Lii please see.

Actually I am much new to exchange. I don't have too much strong command on console.

Please guide me further.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:02 PM
  • That says the database are mounted.

Open Outlook.  Compose a new message.  In the To: field, enter " ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com" without the quotes and then press Ctrl-K or click the Check Names icon.  Does the name resolve to an account in your address book or just stay an e-mail address underlined?  If it's the latter, you probably don't have a mailbox, contact, distribution group or public folder defined in your organization with that name.

In the shell, you can enter:

Get-Recipient -Identity ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:14 PM
  • Sir,

Our Metro mail server is placed in US. and ishrat@metrorealtyflorida is configured on the same server in MS Exchange 2010. I am currently online from Pakistan. I use aamir@eservmd.com.

aamir@eservmd.com is configured on hostgator. From there, if I type the email ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com and press Ctrl-K so it just underline the whole email like this

ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com

however, I used the EMS command you suggested so get this result

Name                                               Recipient Type

--------                                             ---------------------

Ishrat Khurshid                               UserMailbox

• Edited by Aamir Karim Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:35 PM Underline missing
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:50 PM
  • I meant to do the Outlook test with a profile configured to connect to your metrorealtyflorida.com server.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:39 PM
  • Hi,

I have configured an other mailbox in my outlook named marixa@metrorealtyflorida.com and write a new email. I type ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com and pressed Ctrl-K. The email ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com just underlined and remained same. It was not changed in any name.

What's your kind conclusion?

Friday, December 16, 2016 2:20 PM
  • My conclusion is that ishrat@metrorealtyflorida.com is not associated with a recipient object in AD or the recipient is configured to be hidden from the address book.  Use the EMS command I provided earlier to see if there is a recipient associated with the address.

Saturday, December 17, 2016 6:50 AM