Norton Antivirus 2011 and windows vista RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the new norton antivirus software today on my pc... i previously had the 2010 norton installed... it installed fine, updated it, pc rebooted up and seemed fine... i shut down my pc and when i went to start it up later it wouldnt boot up......... i ran all the test the blue screen gave me and finally after a memory test it rebooted up......... i noticed the Norton Antivirus i had installed was totally wiped off my computer........... What happened? I dont know if i should reinstall it now.... dont know why my pc wouldnt boot up............
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 3:40 AM

Answers

• my guess is after the first reboot, Norton did a full scan which deleted/altered some system files.doh i dont see why a memory scan would solve the problem and remove norton.its only system restore that can do that.try reinstalling again and this time,after first reboot, check to make sure its not doing a system scan and also check other heuristic setings/scan settings in Norton.  
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:22 AM
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 8:36 PM
  • Norton does not take any responcibilities of course for this action, however they wouldnt say why it happened... all i know its it did.. As far as the memory scan.. i dont know.. i got a blank blue screen and windows wouldnt boot up... i then got a screen for different options one being the restore point, unfortunetly it did not have a restore point.. so i went and did the next option of memory scan... it then booted up... i reinstalled norton the following day.. and after a few tweaks with a representative from symantic.. all seems to be okay...
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:17 AM

All replies

• my guess is after the first reboot, Norton did a full scan which deleted/altered some system files.doh i dont see why a memory scan would solve the problem and remove norton.its only system restore that can do that.try reinstalling again and this time,after first reboot, check to make sure its not doing a system scan and also check other heuristic setings/scan settings in Norton.  
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:02 AM
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 8:36 PM
  • Norton does not take any responcibilities of course for this action, however they wouldnt say why it happened... all i know its it did.. As far as the memory scan.. i dont know.. i got a blank blue screen and windows wouldnt boot up... i then got a screen for different options one being the restore point, unfortunetly it did not have a restore point.. so i went and did the next option of memory scan... it then booted up... i reinstalled norton the following day.. and after a few tweaks with a representative from symantic.. all seems to be okay...
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:17 AM