Gray out Reseponse Group Settings RRS feed

• Question

• Enterprise voice is enabled but we don't want to use Response Group Settings on the client because all employees have hardware phones on the desks. Is it possible to gray out RGS in the menu of Lync client?

Thank you.

• Edited by Makita N Friday, June 24, 2011 9:39 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 1:50 AM

Answers

• I don't believe there is, but assuming users are not assigned to any response groups this option will just display a basically empty web page.  So I am not sure the harm in leaving it there.

If you have users in response groups and DO NOT want the to be able to change their membership just set the membership policy to "informal" and they will always be active in the group (it will show these memberships in the web page the comes up, but the user can not change them).

• Marked as answer by Makita N Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:45 PM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 2:48 PM

All replies

•  

How does disabling response groups related to hardware phones?

Take it you mean the option in the tools menu? not sure if there is an option to disable that.

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer, thanks
    Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe: RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    Friday, June 24, 2011 8:15 AM
  • Thanks for you reply.

Yes I would like to know if there is any cmd-let which can delete or gray out the items of RGS in Tools menu.

Friday, June 24, 2011 9:44 AM
  • I don't believe there is, but assuming users are not assigned to any response groups this option will just display a basically empty web page.  So I am not sure the harm in leaving it there.

If you have users in response groups and DO NOT want the to be able to change their membership just set the membership policy to "informal" and they will always be active in the group (it will show these memberships in the web page the comes up, but the user can not change them).

• Marked as answer by Makita N Tuesday, June 28, 2011 12:45 PM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 2:48 PM
  • Hi, Makita,

Any update? Have you checked Thildemar’s suggestion?

If the group has been configured with an Informal Participation Policy, the option to clear membership is greyed out. And please refer to ilvancri’s blog. Hope that helps.

Please remember to click “Mark As Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark As Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:03 AM