none
outlook doesn't update inbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an exchange server 2016 standard on sbs2016, client runs win 10 pro x64, in a windows AD domain.

No error at startup of outlook, but new e-mails don't arrive in exchange, although they are visible using owa.

How can I troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks.

Alain Bourgeois

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Alain,

Go to the email account settings in Outlook, turn off cache mode and check.

Check this also,

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/missing-emails-in-outlook-2016-but-showing-online/f2d98a13-a522-4109-bc6f-a0d09b1272aa

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 11:59 PM
  • Hi Alain,

Do all users have the Outlook issue?

Can they send emails successfully from Outlook?

Are these users configured to use Exchange account or POP/IMAP account?

As Udara Kaushalya mentioned, please try to use Outlook online mode and check if the issue persists.

Check Services Tool and make sure all Exchange services are running well.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:07 AM
  • problem occurs only on one  computer. The other ones are fine. Please tell me how to troubleshoot?

Alain Bourgeois

Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hi Alain,

What's the detailed version of Outlook the user is using? Please make sure the newest version of Outlook is used.

Is it an Exchange account or a POP/IMAP account?

Does this issue occur with Outlook Online mode or Cached mode?

Please try to create a new Outlook profile and check if the issue persists.

Since other users don't have this issue, you can create an Outlook profile of the problematic mailbox on other users' PC. Check if the issue is reproduced on other PC.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

in-house Exchange Server. Finally I disabled cache exchange, restarted outlook, re-enabled it (30gb mailbox) and it seems ok now.

Alain Bourgeois

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:09 PM
  • Hi Alain,

Glad to here that and thanks for your sharing. You can keep monitor this mailbox for some days and you are welcomed to post back for any updates.

More people with similar issues, should check with online or cached mode as well, and there may be some delay or breakdown for large mailbox.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:57 AM