none
OU Selection based on TaskSequenceID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm configuring deployments for Windows 10 and Server 2016. I've got the majority of the task sequence working, however I'm stuck on the MachineObjectOU attribute. Based off the TaskSequenceID attribute, I want to use different OU paths for the domain join section.

I've added entries in as follows:

[Settings]

Priority=TaskSequenceID,Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[000]

MachineObjectOU=OU=LONDON,OU=Desktops,OU=Clients,OU=!Computer Env,DC=domain,DC=com
    JoinDomain=domain.com
    DomainAdmin=systemdeployment
    DomainAdminDomain=domain
    DomainAdminPassword=password

[WS16-RDS]

MachineObjectOU=OU=RDS 2016,OU=Servers,OU=!Computer Env, DC=domain,DC=com
    JoinDomain=domain.com
    DomainAdmin=systemdeployment
    DomainAdminDomain=domain
    DomainAdminPassword=password

Windows 10 (TSID=000) obviously works fine, unfortunately when it gets to the Server 2016 (TSID=WS16-RDS) it seems to just use the MachineObjectOU variable as defined in the Windows 10 TaskSequenceID.

Is there something I'm missing with the way I'm setting the TaskSeqenceID in the priority order?

Thursday, November 29, 2018 1:28 PM

Answers

• I've worked out my problem. Silly mistake really. Missed setting the customsettings.ini file in the Task Sequence itself on the Initialization - Gather step.

It's now working like a charm.

• Marked as answer by phunkymunky Friday, November 30, 2018 11:48 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 11:48 AM

All replies

• Priority under Settings determines the order items are applied. Is there anything under Default that would set the MachineObjectOU? In my settings file I have "Default,TaskSequenceID" as the order.
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 5:50 PM
  • I've worked out my problem. Silly mistake really. Missed setting the customsettings.ini file in the Task Sequence itself on the Initialization - Gather step.

It's now working like a charm.

• Marked as answer by phunkymunky Friday, November 30, 2018 11:48 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 11:48 AM