none
Service Pack 1 Update 1 Rollup 1 installation with external load balancer and array manager/member setup RRS feed

All replies

  • Follow the same procedure provided for SP1/SP2 when using load balancers:

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg281606.aspx

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj590869.aspx

    Cheers

    JJ


    Jason Jones | Microsoft MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk

    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:03 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Jason.

    I initially tried to install SP2, but that failed so I'm going with the hotfix for now.  When I did the SP2 update it took about 2.5 hours to install roll back.  Is that normal?  Do you have any pointers before doing an SP2 update?

    Bill

    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Thanks Jason.

    I initially tried to install SP2, but that failed so I'm going with the hotfix for now.  When I did the SP2 update it took about 2.5 hours to install roll back.  Is that normal?  Do you have any pointers before doing an SP2 update?

    Bill

    No, that sounds pretty messed up! :)

    Following the install instructions to the letter should be all you need to do - what error did/do you get?


    Jason Jones | Microsoft MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk

    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:46 PM
    Moderator
  • I did the SP2 install via a RDP connection to the server.  Not sure if that makes a difference for success or failure.  The UAG logs within C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\UAG\Logs only shows the successful SP1UP1 install I did a while back.  If I recall correctly it was a 1603 error at the end. 

    I happen to find the temp SP2 s in the C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp folder when I was doing the SP2 install.  The temp SP2 logs seem to be parsing though all of my trunks and looks to be doing some kind of conversion.  Wish I copied the log somewhere else.  After the roll back the logs disappeared.

    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:25 PM
  • Try expading the SP source first and then run the SP from the expanded source location (using elevated command prompt) as sometimes that works better ;)

    Jason Jones | Microsoft MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk

    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:30 PM
    Moderator