none
Why is the search button from google custom search not showing up in IE RRS feed

• Question

• I have a website http://dev.ussailing.org and it appears fine in IE in the header I have a search feature which is the google custom search script. In IE it shows just a black box for the search button. Anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.
    Monday, September 23, 2013 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

f12>to display the developer tool

1. to debug styling issues... use the find tool to select elements on the page to inspect their style rules...Use the trace styles tab to enable/disable style rules for the element to determine the reason. Note: any style rule with a webkit, ms, moz, apple, or k prefix is non-standard and may not work in all browsers.

2. to debug scripting issues... select the console tab, then refresh your page to show suppressed error messages.

3. to find markup or css errors in your page f12>validate menu...

Post questions about html, css and scripting to the IE Web Development Forum at MSDN. (with a link to your website)

Rob^_^

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:00 PM
  • Hi ,

I agree with Rob.

Based on your description, I suggest to contact IE development forum for further help:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

f12>to display the developer tool

1. to debug styling issues... use the find tool to select elements on the page to inspect their style rules...Use the trace styles tab to enable/disable style rules for the element to determine the reason. Note: any style rule with a webkit, ms, moz, apple, or k prefix is non-standard and may not work in all browsers.

2. to debug scripting issues... select the console tab, then refresh your page to show suppressed error messages.

3. to find markup or css errors in your page f12>validate menu...

Post questions about html, css and scripting to the IE Web Development Forum at MSDN. (with a link to your website)

Rob^_^

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:00 PM
  • Hi ,

I agree with Rob.

Based on your description, I suggest to contact IE development forum for further help:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:59 AM