none
New Agent install reports inconsistencies RRS feed

• Question

• We run DPM 2007 v.2.0.8864.0. I performed a new install to a Domain Controller and immediately received a "replica is inconsistent" error. Running a consistency check produces the error below. Deleting and readding the server to a protection group and reinstalling the agent has failed. Windows firewall is disabled on the DC. The server is an oem'd Dell Windows 2003 SP2 storage server appliance.

The replica of SystemState on xxxx is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. (ID: 3163)

DPM failed to create the system state backup. If you are trying to create the system state of a Windows 2008 Server operating system, verify that the Windows Server Backup (WSB) is installed, and that there is enough free disk space on the protected server to store the system state. (ID: 30214)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:23 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Do you have Windows Server Backup installed on the DC which you are attempting to backup the system state? If so do you have enough free space on that server for the system state backup? Can you use WSB on the server to successfully do a system state backup?

Thanks,

Marc

• Marked as answer by RTEAL Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:09 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you have Windows Server Backup installed on the DC which you are attempting to backup the system state? If so do you have enough free space on that server for the system state backup? Can you use WSB on the server to successfully do a system state backup?

Thanks,

Marc

• Marked as answer by RTEAL Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:09 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:26 PM
  • Hi Marc,

That was the problem. I saw the icon and thought it was installed but learned it was not installed when I went to open the program.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:09 PM