none
Storage cant't be written to RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone! 

I'm recently facing the storage problem with my DPM 2016 RU5 on win server 2016 with MBS on REfs: some data sources are failing toi be backed up logging the error "The storage involving the current operation could not be read from or written to. (ID 40003)". no correlating errors in common event logs appear at thte moment the task is failing. Meanwhile system event log sometimes showing Refs errors with eventId 133 "The file system detected a checksum error and was not able to correct it. The name of the file or folder is "Block Reference Count Table"."  Moving replica to another dpm disk solves the problem for a while, either is the solution with the removal of latest recovery point for the affected DS, described here: http://www.matej.guru/2018/06/05/dpm-2016-the-storage-involving-the-current-operation-could-not-be-read-from-or-written-to-id-40003/  but after some more RPs created the problem repeats. I'm not facing any obvious promlems with the physical storage where my DPM ReFs volumes locate, neither  any server perfomance issues. Need some help on the problem cause detection. 

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:02 AM

Answers

• Closing for Housekeeping - however, might want to upgrade to DPM 2019 and Windows 2019 for latest ReFs code.

Also - might want to try refsutil leak X: /x /a /t 6   (where x: is the refs volume in question) if problem persists on Windows 2019.

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 13, 2019 9:27 PM