Powershell help RRS feed

• Question

• I've got the below ps command that shows me all mailboxes that havent been logged into in the last 90 days but Id like to add the WhenCreated parameter from Get-Mailbox, can someone show me how I can add that?

Get-Mailboxserver | Get-MailboxStatistics | where {$_.LastLogonTime -lt (get-date).AddDays(-90)} | select displayName,lastlogontime,lastloggedonuseraccount,servername

Thursday, March 27, 2014 3:49 PM

Answers

• Ah, good point, Rich.  He can also get that before he gets the statistics with the following:

Get-Mailboxserver | Get-Mailbox | % { $Created = $_.DateCreated ; Get-MailboxStatistics $_ | where {$_.LastLogonTime -lt (get-date).AddDays(-90)} } | select displayName, lastlogontime, lastloggedonuseraccount, servername, @{E={ $Created }; L='DateCreated'}

To me, it looks a little cleaner ...  But either way will work.

• Edited by Will Martin, PFE Friday, March 28, 2014 11:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Billy902 Friday, March 28, 2014 12:10 PM
    Friday, March 28, 2014 11:47 AM
  • I think he wants to see the WhenCreated value added to the "select". Adding this to the "select" will do that.

@{n='WhenCreated';e={(get-mailbox $_.LegacyDN).WhenCreated}}

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Friday, March 28, 2014 2:26 AM

All replies

• The Get-Mailbox command allows you to add the -Filter parameter, which you can use with the date created.  Try the following:

Get-Mailboxserver | Get-Mailbox -Filter { WhenCreated -gt <date> } | Get-MailboxStatistics | where {$_.LastLogonTime -lt (get-date).AddDays(-90)} | select displayName,lastlogontime,lastloggedonuseraccount,servername

Note that you do NOT need the $_. before the WhenCreated ...

Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:08 PM
  • I think he wants to see the WhenCreated value added to the "select". Adding this to the "select" will do that.

@{n='WhenCreated';e={(get-mailbox $_.LegacyDN).WhenCreated}}

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Friday, March 28, 2014 2:26 AM
  • Ah, good point, Rich.  He can also get that before he gets the statistics with the following:

Get-Mailboxserver | Get-Mailbox | % { $Created = $_.DateCreated ; Get-MailboxStatistics $_ | where {$_.LastLogonTime -lt (get-date).AddDays(-90)} } | select displayName, lastlogontime, lastloggedonuseraccount, servername, @{E={ $Created }; L='DateCreated'}

To me, it looks a little cleaner ...  But either way will work.

• Edited by Will Martin, PFE Friday, March 28, 2014 11:48 AM
    Friday, March 28, 2014 11:47 AM
  • This is perfect, thank you.
    Friday, March 28, 2014 12:11 PM