Vista 64 bit Support please - more 2.6 Wishing RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Steadystate Developers!

Steadystate is an AMAZING product!  Unfortunately the focus seems to be for libraries, schools, and kiosks, where the ENTERPRISE could sooo use this tool for the 64bit version of Vista.  After laboring with Group Policies for quite some time, SteadyState 2.5 on Vista 32bit just blows GP out of the water!!!  Unfortunately many business such as the one I work for require 4GB of RAM or more to run the variety of software required to do our jobs, and 64bit OSes are the only way to utilize it.

Please, Please, PLEASE consider adding Vista x64 support ASAP and have that good ole Windows 7 support standing by in the wings!!!  Had Steadystate been available for Vista X64 I could have shortened my development time to days instead of months of careful planning!

Thank you for listening, and I hope to see this product work across the board for all versions of Vista AND Windows 7 upon its release!

Merrell
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:21 PM

All replies

• Thank you for your valuable feedback, Merrell. I'll forward the post to our dev team. If you have any other suggestions in the future, please feel free to let us know.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:12 AM
  • Hi Merrell;
    Can you please provide some information about your company, current WSS implementation, and expected timeline for Win7 upgrade (including size of implementation)?
    Will you consider upgrading to Win7 without WSS support?

Currently there is no Win7 support in WSS. This request for information does not mean Win7 support is coming, but I am trying to assess the need.

Thank you for your help!

~Eyal T.
    Microsoft PM

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:45 AM
  • Screw Merrell's company, I want it too!!  :D I will be getting Windows 7 as soon as it comes out. Merrell may have an ENTERPRISE but us libraries RULE! :D

AND YOU BETTER SUPPORT BOTH x32 AND x64 FOR WINDOWS 7!!!!  MUAHHAHAHHHAA!!!
    Jealousy is not proof of love, nor proof of emotional immaturity
    Monday, July 6, 2009 8:44 PM
  • We need WSS in order to upgrade to Windows 7 Please please support it!!!
    Friday, August 21, 2009 8:18 PM
  • I maintain hospitality business centers with HP touchsmart PC's (64 bit), we have sucessfully used steady state in past OS platorms and anxiousy await steady state 64 bit compatibility for use in our current environment.  I also believe the 64 bit steady state would help us with deployment of Win 7.

Sunday, September 20, 2009 1:38 AM
  • Latest on SS and Win7 is they are not going to be supporting it. I for one think this is silly. Even if I had to pay a small licensing fee, I would do it. Looks like I'll have to get Faronics WinSelect when I migrate over to Windows 7.

What a shame,

Philip

Jealousy is not proof of love, nor proof of emotional immaturity
    Monday, September 21, 2009 8:27 PM