none
When exporting error happened , how to debug ? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Yes' It's possible. the process to attach is miiserver.exe (not fimserver.exe).

Patrick.

Patrick Layani

Saturday, October 6, 2012 5:29 PM
  • 1. yes.

2. Debug --> Attach to Process --> miiserver.exe (not miisclient.exe)

If you don't find the process then click, in the bottom of the windows, the checkboxes: Shows processes from all users and Show processes in all sessions

If you still don't find the process, then make sure that the service Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service is running (from services.msc)

Patrick.

Patrick Layani

Sunday, October 7, 2012 5:16 AM
  • The issue here is that you're not using a full version of Visual Studio - this is VS Tools for Applications. You need to install a copy of Visual Studio 2010 - the express version is sufficient.

My Book - Active Directory, 4th Edition
    My Blog - www.briandesmond.com

Sunday, October 7, 2012 11:01 PM
  • Two things.......

-First, I am under the impression that the full version of VS is necessary in order to debug by attaching to process........

-Second and more important, the errors you show in the first screenshot are from export profile; debugging the code above, which looks like MA extension code, won't help.

I have seen unexpected errors when the CS objects are corrupt or you are attempting to perform an operation such as add attribute value which won't work for your target directly. As your target directly looks like AD, I would surmise it is CS corruption which is causing this. Try moving all of those objects into an OU that is not in scope and go through Full import stage only followed by synchronization on that MA. Then bring the objects back into in-scope OU, do the errors continue to occur?

BTW, any discovery errors during import will break this process.

Monday, October 8, 2012 1:02 AM
  • Normally when you have the *.pdb files that match the assembly you are able to debug it, but as Glenn already noted the code you have is not the code that is being executed during a export run.

Can you open the error object and show the error code / message?

Need realtime FIM synchronization and advanced reporting? check out the new http://www.imsequencer.com that supports FIM 2010, Omada Identity Manager, SQL, File, AD or Powershell real time synchronization!

Monday, October 8, 2012 12:12 PM
  • As replied above, Open the project GALSync project, set the wanted breakpoints in the project and compile.

Then attach the FIM Sync process: Debug --> Attach to Process --> miiserver.exe

After process attachment run a full sync.

Patrick.

Patrick Layani

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:40 AM
  • It will work.

Patrick Layani

• Marked as answer by yuuichiro99 Thursday, October 11, 2012 2:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:28 AM