Exchange 2016 Hybrid - Message size restriction on Remote mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm facing an issue, users migrated to Office 365, that had on prem message limit of 9 MB, still have this limit applied.

From powershell connected to O365, this mailbox's message limit shows 35 MB.

From powershell connected to Exchange on prem, (get-remoteMailbox), the same message limit is showing 9 MB, and this is the one applied.

I cannot change it with the "set-remoteMailbox". Any advice please?

Thank you.

Chris

• Edited by Chriskw29 Friday, February 7, 2020 12:05 PM
    Friday, February 7, 2020 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'm facing an issue, users migrated to Office 365, that had on prem message limit of 9 MB, still have this limit applied.

From powershell connected to Exchange on prem, (get-remoteMailbox), the same message limit is showing 9 MB, and this is the one applied.

Thank you.

Chris

If you look in ADUC with the advanced view or adsiedit for that account, what is set for the attribute "delivContentLength" ? If set, clear that.
    Friday, February 7, 2020 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you.

Chris

If you look in ADUC with the advanced view or adsiedit for that account, what is set for the attribute "delivContentLength" ? If set, clear that.
    Friday, February 7, 2020 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Andy, we can also refer to the article which detailedly introduced about The Story of Message Size Limits and Remote Mailboxes

MaxSendSize in Exchange is the equivalent of submissionContLength in AD

MaxReceiveSize in Exchange is the equivalent of delivContLength in AD

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 10, 2020 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Do suggestions above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:58 AM
  • Thank you Joyce, it worked perfectly! :)

Thank you. Chris

Monday, February 17, 2020 12:10 PM