ProClarity - Drill to Detail Issues. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Drill to detail just works fine. It works okay when you first select drill to detail as it fetches only first 1000 rows. But when once you opt to get all rows, it takes a really long time to return the data. It does return the data but after a very long time and the new window in which it opens also becomes unresponsive. There server which ProClarity is hosted is quite powerful and is also a ProClarity dedicated server. So there is no question of memory and all.

Hoping to get some information.

Regards,

Pulkit Ojha

Thanks, Pulkit Ojha Microsoft Business Intelligence Developer
    Monday, June 6, 2011 7:05 PM

All replies

• Can somebody from Microsoft please guide on whether there is an explanation to it?

Regards,

Pulkit Ojha

Friday, June 10, 2011 8:49 AM
  • Pulkit, how long are the drillthrough queries taking on the SSAS instance?  You could use SQL profiler to run a trace - look for 'query end' events and then read the 'duration' column.

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:48 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Thanks a ton for replying back.

I know very basic level of MDX. I know that once you are done with your layout of the view in ProClarity you can generate MDX from ProClarity itself using View >> MDX Editor.

But can you please guide on how to get the MDX behind the dataset which is produced after drilling to detail? And then I can quickly run that MDX query against the cube in SSAS instance and revert back to you with results.

Thanks again for looking into it and apologies for responding late.

Regards,

Pulkit Ojha

Monday, June 20, 2011 1:11 PM