SCOM reports not working, with execute permission denied error. RRS feed

• Question

• Operations manager 2012 R2,

some reports stopped working. Then i open report and click "add object" or "add group" i get error:

Note:  The following information was gathered when the operation was attempted.  The information may appear cryptic but provides context for the error.  The application will continue to run.

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'ManagedEntityTypeGetBySystemName', database 'OperationsManagerDW', schema 'dbo'.

In SQL  there is EXECUTE permission on object 'ManagedEntityTypeGetBySystemName'

Reports which not required to specify object or groups are working as expected.

what esle can be wrong ?

Thursday, January 2, 2014 10:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to the blog below. It tell us how to grant permission to objects.

http://www.ndoubleor.com/the-execute-permission-was-denied-on-the-object-database-schema-dbo/11/2009/

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:33 AM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 12:50 PM
  • I had this exact same issue, everything I researched suggested it was the Data Warehouse Action Account needed the Execute permission.

We were able to resolve this, using the SQL Server Profiler we could see the initial connection on the Data Warehouse Action Account but then the Operations Manager Computer account was trying to run the OperationsManagerDW Stored Procedures.

The fix was to give the computer account the OpsMgrReader and OpsMgrWriter permissions as well.

• Edited by Ray Bowden Monday, May 5, 2014 10:29 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Ray Bowden Monday, May 5, 2014 10:33 PM
    Monday, May 5, 2014 10:29 PM