Vista Activation Help ASAP RRS feed

• Question

• hey guys, i am currently running vista 32bit ultimate, before anyone asks, this is a legal version i own it, anyway i was doing some cleaning inside my case and moved one of my hard drives to a different ide channel, this drive however has no system files on it, my system runs on a sata drive which wasnt moved, i also installed a new usb device at the time, a prometia cooling system, so i  boot the machine back up and it says that i have installed a new hard drive and its installing drivers etc. it then tells me i have to reactivate my copy of vista, no problems, so i click ok activate online, and it tells me my cd key is in use, do i have another cd key, but this is my personal copy of vista, that has been instaled on only this machine once, it says i have 3 days to activate the product,

i now have one day left until i get locked out, so any help would be much appreciated , after spending over 600aud, i however am a little disinchanted microsoft doesnt have a FREE support hotline,

please help

cheers!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 7:47 PM

All replies

•  

Once it denies the product key you should be given other alternatives to activate, such as phone. This will give you a telephone number to call Microsoft Activation Hotline

Saturday, August 11, 2007 7:24 AM