none
Admininistrator Login Will Not Accept Password RRS feed

• Question

• I have a POS System that has Windows Embedded POS Ready 2009 Operating System that runs on XP. I have an ongoing problem with the Administrator Login box popping up. Now it will no longer accept the pass word. Basically, I am locked out and my retail business is shut down. Can not find anyone that has any knowledge of how to access this system. For example, using an F8 at start up, then Start in Safe Mode with Prompt, the Administrator login screen still pops up with no prompt to allow for a command. Options to access an external drive or  flash drive is grayed out and not accessible.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:38 PM

All replies

• There is not generic hidden back door to the system. There might be third party password recovery utilities that might be able to help.

Is it possible to go back to your POS System vendor and ask them for assistance?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 5:02 PM
  • POS System Vendor solution is to replace the computer or as they refer to it "the Brain." This is the second time that it has happened. Looking for that individual with a "third party recovery utility." There just seems to be an abundance of added security around this Windows Embedded POS Ready 2009 operating system.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:05 PM
  • The company that is setting up the OS on the system might be forgetting to turn off Password expiration. In the local group policy, password's can expire after 30 days. You can change the passwords to never expire in Local Group Policy. The POS Vendor should be aware of this since it is a PCI request.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 3:08 PM
  • Password worked for over a year, a default password set. Received new hardware today, Company Called PC America owns/supports the Cash Registered Express Software that is loaded on POS. They were supposed to reload my data base at 9:30 am this morning. Evidently their system was down, waited 5 hours for a call. I have dealt with this company for nearly 4 years, not the best. Anyone else have experience with them. They claim they support 50,000 users.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:31 PM