OC_KeyContainer prompt for Password RRS feed

• Question

• Since Upgrading to MacOS 10.12, I have been unable to log in to Lync. When I try and login I get prompted for a keychain password for an OC_KeyContainer_<my email address> keychain.

From doing some research apparently this password is set up Lync during install time and is random. I've tried doing a clean install, however the instructions I've found seem to reference files and folders that don't exist on my laptop.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Friday, September 23, 2016 1:31 PM

All replies

• Same thing here.  I have gone so far as to remove every piece of Lync and did a fresh re-install and I still cannot get it to log in via Sierra.
    Friday, September 23, 2016 2:08 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Welcome to our forum.

By this issue, please try to delete the OC_keyContainer file under userid/library/keychain, then restart Lync client to check if the issue persist.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by KenNg121 Tuesday, October 11, 2016 4:16 PM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 9:31 AM
  • Hi Jim.  I have the same issue as listed in this thread and I deleted the OC_keyContainter file in my keychains folder but that did not fix the issue.  I also did a full removal of all pieces of Lync and did a clean re-install of 14.4.1 but I still cannot log in.  My other Macs that were *not* upgraded to Sierra work just fine with the same version and credentials on the same network SSID.  
    Monday, September 26, 2016 1:02 PM
  • Hi Jim,

I would love to try and do that, but for some reason I don't have a Library folder under my userid folder.

David

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:42 AM
  • They are there, just hidden.  Open terminal and copy & paste this command to see them:

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:36 PM
  • Aha. Thanks for that.

It's all back working again.

Thanks again.

Dave

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:45 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Thank you for your back.

If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:21 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Welcome to our forum.

By this issue, please try to delete the OC_keyContainer file under userid/library/keychain, then restart Lync client to check if the issue persist.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu

Hi Jim,

I have updated my machine to Sierra. I have the latest update on Lync 2013, have deleted the OC_KeyContainer... I have also tried flushing the cache using "dscacheutil -flushcache". 

I am able to connect outside corporate network, but within the corporate network, getting this error "Sign in to Microsoft Lync failed because the service is not available or you may not be connected to the Internet". Any suggestions?

Thanks

Faraz

Faraz Shah Khan - MCP

• Edited by farazsk11 Sunday, October 9, 2016 8:45 AM
    Sunday, October 9, 2016 8:04 AM
  • MSFT,

Can we have a root cause for this? After upgrading to macOS 10.12, the number of people getting this issue are increasing which is not acceptable to have end user to do the file deletion one by one. 

Please help to figure out the root cause and get it fixed permanently.

- Steve

Ah_Chao|| MCSE,VCP,EMCSAe

Sunday, October 9, 2016 11:17 AM
  • This worked for me.  Thank you.

• Proposed as answer by Brian Lanham Friday, June 9, 2017 11:50 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Brian Lanham Friday, June 9, 2017 11:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:07 PM
  •  So i can't even find the OC_keycontainer file ... i see library/keychain but not the OC file to delete.   Any other thoughts??   Thanks!
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:16 PM
  • I have this same issue after upgrading to Sierra. I went into library/keychain and did not see any OC files so just deleted my link entries, closed Lync, restarted and was prompted again with the same OC_keycontainer message. I am logged into Lync, but every few minutes the message pops up again for me to login and doesn't accept my password. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Edited by jamieahunt Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 7:05 PM
  • Super information! I was struggling to find Library. Link is back. Thanks!
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:36 PM
  • I had to go through terminal.  It didn't appear in Finder.
    Friday, June 9, 2017 11:51 AM
  • Hi Jim, sorry, I did that in the terminal and I still did not have a keychain that says OC_KeyContainer. I obviously have it in that I keep getting the prompt.

There is no library under my user.

I did find on under HD-library-keychains, but that one is not in it. Any thoughts?

Friday, August 31, 2018 9:13 PM