none
Scheduling Assistance - greyed out/striped lines for availability RRS feed

• Question

• Lots of users complaining about this. When they try to schedule meetings other users free/busy is displayed as greyed out or hatched boxes.

Any ideas?

Monday, July 4, 2016 10:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• I suspect some issues with the EWS fetching  the Availability service
    Did the issue occur on OWA and outlook?
    Look in the event logs of the Exchange mailbox server for warnings or errors with the Availability Service.

Also from one affected PC try the test email autoconfiguration and see if there is any errors on fetching the EWS URL.

Also check if its happening for internal or externally connected users.

Having a look through the event logs for availability service will give you a better idea behind this reason

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Monday, July 4, 2016 11:54 AM
  • Hi,

For your question, I want to confirm:
    1. How about OWA or Outlook client?
    2. Do all account experience this issue?
    3. Which Exchange version are you used?

If this issue only occur on Outlook client, please refer to blow link to troubleshooting:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/ee9e1b89-bea1-48aa-9008-cae205c5e816/forum-faq-why-cant-i-retrieve-freebusy-information?forum=outlook

If this issue remain on OWA, please try to confirm:
    1. Ensure all Exchange services works fine.
    2. Ensure all system mailboxes , discovery mailboxes , federation mailboxes and Arbitration mailboxes  are available in Exchange 2013.
    3. Run Test-OutlookWebServices to test available services.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 8:16 AM
  • I suspect some issues with the EWS fetching  the Availability service
    Did the issue occur on OWA and outlook?
    Look in the event logs of the Exchange mailbox server for warnings or errors with the Availability Service.

Also from one affected PC try the test email autoconfiguration and see if there is any errors on fetching the EWS URL.

Also check if its happening for internal or externally connected users.

Having a look through the event logs for availability service will give you a better idea behind this reason

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

We dont use OWA - its disabled.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 8:52 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to enable OWA to narrow down this issue, and try the suggestion as I mentioned above.

If there anything unclear, please lets me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 11, 2016 1:10 AM