none
Why does the manage rules on Approvals page is only applicable for Status updates but not for Timesheets? RRS feed

• Question

• Why does the manage rules on Approvals page is only applicable for Status updates but not for Timesheets? will it be extended to timesheets in future? How do we achieve the auto approve? 

Here is the Timesheet Manager scenario:

1) I have around 15 resources who submit time to me accurate, so I want to auto approve them.  (Having themselves as timesheet manager is not the viable solution, because of the policy)

2) I have around 5-6 people who will submit to me when other timesheet manager is on leave/vacation, So I will always review and approve them.

Here is the screen print it clearly shows that manage rules is only for status updates.

Muniappan

Friday, June 28, 2019 3:56 PM

All replies

• Muniappan S --

I can appreciate your pain.  I do not work for Microsoft, so I do not have any insight into why Rules cannot be used to auto-approve Timesheets, nor do I have any knowledge about plans Microsoft might have about expanding the functionality of Rules.  However, since you know the names of the team members who provide you accurate timesheets, have you considered grouping your timesheet updates by the Resource field?  If you do this, you could select the checkboxes for the 15 or so people who give you good updates, approve them as a group, and then focus on the remaining timesheets.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, June 28, 2019 4:59 PM