none
delete all recovery points in DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• why did dpm developers not think of GUI?

anyway can someone help me with steps to delete all recovery points.

basically i have got a 200 gb vhd allocated to my test dpm server and i want to get rid of all data and start fresh but it looks like my only option is through shell.

anyone got a one liner to empty the disk ! remove evertyhing. thanks

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:09 AM

Answers

• You can delete replica/recovery point data from the GUI.  Just right-click on a protected member and stop protection. When asked, choose the option to delete the disk volumes.

So if you want to "start over" on your test server, do that with all protected members.  Once complete your disk should be empty and you can remove it from the storage pool.

• Marked as answer by Virtual Techie Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:19 PM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:04 PM
  • indeed thanks i did figure it out later though :) but thanks for the confirmation.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:17 PM

All replies

• You can delete replica/recovery point data from the GUI.  Just right-click on a protected member and stop protection. When asked, choose the option to delete the disk volumes.

So if you want to "start over" on your test server, do that with all protected members.  Once complete your disk should be empty and you can remove it from the storage pool.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:04 PM
  • indeed thanks i did figure it out later though :) but thanks for the confirmation.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:17 PM
  • You do have to resort to scripting if you want to delete only the recovery points (and not the replica) or only a certain number of recovery points for a protected member.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:28 PM
  • Script for DPM 2012 R2
    http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/DPM-2012-R2-Remove-6167f338

Have a nice day !!!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:14 PM