sccm 2012 sp1 fresh install along side sccm 2012 sp1 RRS feed

• Question

• i have sccm 2012 sp1 installed and working this is managing updates, some app and package deployments and endpoint.

this was set up before me and has had many hands on it and i'm not comfortable with the set-up.

what i was trying to find out is if its possible to keep the current set up as is, and create a new sccm server and sql db and wsus server. but this wouldn't auto push out clients as i can imaging this would cause problems. then push out the the clients and endpoint manually by say department untill everything is over or until im comfortable with the new set-up-working ok then turn off the old system and let the new take over.

i guess what i dont know and would appreciated help with is;

1. one can you run them side by side if the auto push out clients if turned off?

2. if i turn on discovery mode on the new one will this cause any problems?

thanks

• Moved by Garth JonesMVP Wednesday, December 24, 2014 4:35 PM CM12 - Q
    Friday, May 9, 2014 11:06 AM

All replies

• I do not understand fully your question, but what I understand is you want to set up new SCCM environment.

first, why you want and why you can not continue with old one? SCCM 2012 SP, upgrade that setup with CB1606 and continue work on that. 

second if still you want then go with CB1606 and complete the setup, discover the devices and install the clients on them, but you would have to turn off the MP and have to clean the record from AD/DNS for client communications

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 11:46 AM